Compensation plan consulting
Meet with us for a complimentary discussion of your needs. We’ll provide a project scope, deliverables, and a fixed bid.
We design commission plans that reward distributors when they do the things that make companies strong. When you hire us to design a plan for you, we consider your product line, value proposition, company culture, goals, and your strategy for selling the plan.
- We design your compensation plan in collaboration with your key decision makers and executives.
- Develop a compensation strategy and discern which bonuses best achieve that strategy.
- Provide data-driven recommendations based on hundreds of actual compensation plan payouts.
- Consider your product strategy and product sales strategy.
- Recommend rank requirements based on your product and your compensation plan.
- Ensure that you have a strong, competitive customer program.
- We design our plans to be international expansion ready. (Note that actual international expansion takes additional work depending on the market-based requirements and is billed hourly.)
- We provide insights on choosing a software provider that will understand how to program your compensation plan.
- We review technical documentation from your software provider.
- We work with your software provider to get your compensation plan programmed correctly.
- We document your compensation plan for your software provider. We have documented hundreds of compensation plans for software programmers to use.
- We work with your marketing team and employees on the compensation plan.
- We model the compensation plan to demonstrate how it will pay out. (See the next section for details.)
We provide a third-party survey service to help you better understand what’s going on in your field. Using a third-party can increase the quality and volume of consultant or distributor feedback.
We design our surveys based on input from the company and high-quality survey design principles. We research your distributor attitudes and expectations and compare them to earnings and to the type of commissions earned. We can assess a variety of attitudes on selling, recruiting, retention, training, technology, product, and commissions earned using both quantitative and qualitative approaches. We then make recommendations based on the data we collect.
We can do open-ended interviews with consultants or distributors and complete a thematic analysis of the responses. In addition, we can find patterns in the text-based data.
We can also do textual analysis of existing distributor call center calls. If you have a record of call center reasons or recorded calls, we can mine the textual data to provide you with a high-level view of the predominant concerns of your distributors and give you evidence-based recommendations about how you can address those concerns.
- Compare earnings groups to retention to find your sticking point.
- Compare earnings groups (or ranks) to distributor satisfaction.
- Compare earnings groups to commission type.
- Identify technology use.
- Compare earnings groups to technology use.
- Compare satisfaction to technology use.
- Compare earnings groups to first check timeline.
- Compare first check timeline to retention.
- Compare first check timeline to satisfaction.